Friday, July 28, 2006

Tit for Tot

I find it both uproariously funny and deeply sad that something like this would be a big deal in 21st century America.


My favorite quote from the CNN.com article:
"I'm totally supportive of it -- I just don't like the flashing," she said. "I don't want my son or husband to accidentally see a breast they didn't want to see."
No, dearie, you don't want your son or husband to accidentally see a breast that you didn't want them to see. Your son and husband, they're fine with accidentally catching a peek. Trust me.

The other quote that caught my attention:
"Gross, I am sick of seeing a baby attached to a boob," wrote Lauren, a mother of a 4-month-old. [Emphasis mine.]
What has society done to you so as to so thoroughly and completly destroy your maternal instinct? I don't know whether to laugh or cry. But I guess it's no use crying over spilt milk.

1 comment:

My Alter Ego said...

I really do not get what freaks people out about this either. Leave it to the six-year-old to be the most level-headed of the lot.