Friday, March 10, 2006

Email address? We don't need no stinkin' email address!

You will notice that there is no email address for the Alter Ego posted anywhere on this blog. This is because the Alter Ego does not have his own email address and thus far has seen no reason to obtain one. I mean, who would want to email me? What would they need to say via email that they couldn't say in a comment? Nobody who reads this blog or my comments at Unfogged actually knows me, so it's not like I have anything private to share with anyone. In fact, the Alter Ego would prefer not to have any private correspondences with anyone. We have to keep this whole Alter Ego thing within bounds, after all.

However, I occasionally feel like leaving a comment somewhere where an email address is required. Like right now, with ogged guest-blogging over at Washington Monthly. It is of course easy enough to make up a fake email address to put in the required field, something like "fakeemailaddress@screwyou.com". But every time I do so, I revisit the question. Does My Alter Ego need an email address of my own?

So far, the answer remains "no." If anyone who wishes to convince me otherwise, you know how to get in touch with me.

No comments: