Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Post de Blog (style américain)

I like the idea of public transportation, but I'm usually too lazy to bother. And for most of places I have to go to and from, driving my own car is a lot more convenient. But with the price of gas so high I've been trying to force myself to use public transportation once in a while.

So today during my lunch hour I had some errands to run, and rather than drive I decided to take the bus. It was pretty crowded. I couldn't help but notice one passenger in particular, a guy who looked to be in his late 20s with an unusually long neck and wearing a funny old hat. Next thing I know, this guy is complaining loudly that the guy next to him was intentionally bumping into him everytime people got on and off the bus. And then he sees an empty seat and lunges for it as if he were playing musical chairs. Wackos like him are probably why I don't take the bus more often.

Update: A few hours later I was in front of the train station and I heard a voice that sounded vaguely familiar. I looked around and I saw it was the same guy from the bus! He was with another guy who was telling him that he needed to add a button to his overcoat.

(with apologies to Raymond Queneau)

No comments: